Copy
Chenango Links newsletter
View this email in your browser
visit our website chenangolinks.com for more information
INTRODUCING THE COUNTY SUPERVISORS
Each supervisor is a member of two of the following committees:
AGRICULTURE, BUILDING & GROUNDS - A,B&G,
HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES - H&HS,
PLANNING & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - P&ED,
SAFETY & RULES - S&R,    FINANCE- F,
PERSONNEL - P,    PUBLIC WORKS - PW    
* =
chairman
PHONE:  607 847-8910
 
PHONE:  607 656-8602
EMAIL:  coventryth@stny.rr.com
 
PHONE:  607 334-4703
EMAIL:  drbob.wansor@gmail.com
 
PHONE:  607 843-9714
PHONE:  607 334-1462
CHENANGO LINKS WENT TO THE COUNTY FAIR
Information shared and
petitions signed:
       Chenango County Facts        Climate Change 
       Broadband
       Hemp and Solar  
       Single Payer Health Care
       Transparency of County
               Government

 
Hemp Field Day at Cornell in August.  Various strains of industrial hemp are being grown and presentations by various experts and researchers were given. Now, participant growers are waiting for application forms to grow hemp in 2018 to study various elements of growth and application.
A Skype Presentation with Jennifer Gilbert Jenkins of Morrisville State College on Industrial Hemp Growing  will be given on Thursday, September 14 at 2:00PM...
BROADBAND

NOW THE BEHIND THE SCENES PROCESS TAKES PLACE
BETWEEN EACH PROVIDER AND THE STATE
...


Ana Rua, head of New NYS Broadband Program, has stated that the County will be informed before the end of the year as to who has been awarded the bid for the work on broadband in the rural areas of Chenango County.
This State Grant will supply 80% of the cost for the company, leaving just 20% for outside sources.  The last phase of this project is for hard to reach areas of the state and we more than meet those requirements.  This will affect the future of our children, businesses, farms, healthcare for elders and home-bound, local government, and general growth for our area.
                GET GREEN AS YOU GO BACK TO SCHOOL
        Buying School Supplies
        Preparing Schools Lunches
        Greening Your School
                HELP REDUCE WASTE AT OUR LANDFILL


THE EVENING SUN AND THE STORY ON TRANSPARENCY IN COUNTY GOVERNMENT DIDN'T QUITE FINISH THE DANCE ON AUGUST 18th! 
       There was no page 2...
 




Join us for the next "Monday Movies at the Moon" on September 4th.


      SUCCESSFUL SMALL SCALE  
              ORGANIIC DAIRYING-
                    DISCUSSION
                        AND POTLUCK
        ON OCTOBER 7th AT NOON
                    AT EVANS FARM


 
CALENDAR DATES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO REMEMBER
Copyright © 2017 Link & Live Local, All rights reserved.
EMAIL: link@chenangolinks.com

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list






This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Link & Live Local · 196 Whites Hill Rd. · Guilford, NY 13780 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp