Copy
Chenango Links newsletter
View this email in your browser
visit our website chenangolinks.com for more information
INTRODUCING THE COUNTY SUPERVISORS
Each supervisor is a member of two of the following committees:
AGRICULTURE, BUILDING & GROUNDS - A,B&G,
HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES - H&HS,
PLANNING & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - P&ED,
SAFETY & RULES - S&R,    FINANCE- F,
PERSONNEL - P,    PUBLIC WORKS - PW    
* =
chairman
PHONE:  607 334-6799
EMAIL:  luvnygiants@hotmail.com
 
PHONE:  607 336-1225
EMAIL:  pharsalia@outlook.com
 
PHONE:  607 843-9430
 
PHONE:  607 656-4975
EMAIL:  smithtownsuper@aol.com
ATTENTION:  SUPERVISORS, MAYORS, PLANNING BOARD MEMBERS.
GENERAL POPULACE

SEE VIDEO PRESENTATION
CLEAN ENERGY COMMUNITIES
GRANTS AVAILABLE
                                         VIEW VIDEO
DATE SENSITIVE
Gas from the Marcellus and Utica shale formation expose families in PA and NY to radioactivity. 

TELL THE DEC TO TAKE ACTION!
                                                            READ MORE
 
BROADBAND
VOTE TAKEN AND PASSED BY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS

NOW THE INTERNAL PROCESS  TAKES OVER TO WORK OUT DETAILS
BETWEEN EACH PROVIDER AND BOARD


BIDS FROM EACH PROVIDER ARE DUE TO THE STATE BY AUGUST 15th
With the vote of the Board of Supervisors on June 12th, a letter went out to each of the interested providers to submit their plans to NY State by August 15th. This State Grant will supply 80% of the cost for the company, leaving just 20% for outside sources.  The last phase of this project is for hard to reach areas of the state and we more than meet those requirements.  This will affect the future of our children, businesses, farms, healthcare for elders and home-bound, local government, and general growth for our area.

THE DOOR HAS OPENED!
NYS ASSEMBLY SUPPORTING BILL #A08509,
 AN ACT TO AMEND THE AGRICULTURE AND MARKET LAW,

IN RELATION TO THE INSPECTION AND SALE OF
INDUSTRIAL HEMP SEEDS, THE SUPPORT OF THE
INDUSTRIAL HEMP INDUSTRY AND THE INCLUSION OF
INDUSTRIAL HEMP AS A CROP.

              
READ MORE
VISITING MADISON COUNTY WASTE FACILITY
WITH SOLAR INSTALLATIONS
 
and MORE INNOVATIVE APPROACHES TO WASTE MANAGEMENT
READ MORE IN COMING ISSUES
NEWS FROM THE SAFETY AND RULES COMMITTEE
Personnel needed in the Sheriff's Department
For more details contact:
chenangosheriff.us

SHERIFF'S CAMP  JULY 10th - AUG. 3rd
9 - 12 years old accepted


READ MORE
TRAFFIC AND SAFETY POSTER COMPETITION AWARDS
                             VIEW VIDEO
EDITOR'S COMMENT:
At the May County Board Meeting, a Public Hearing of the "Inclusion of Viable Agricultural Lands within Certified Agricultural District" was on the agenda.  Two persons spoke, including solar in their remarks.     They were interupted by the chairman who has this right "to prevent the witness from straying too far from the subject," according to State  Guidelines for Public Hearings.

QUESTION:
So the primary concern is, when is there opportunity for public comment and questions?

In the Chenango County process, a person can go to their Supervisor to state their comments.  Another option is to be put on the agenda of an individual committee of the Board the day before the scheduled meeting, to present one's concerns.

QUESTION:
When, then does the entire Board hear the concerns and/or reseach on important matters from the residents of the county? 

Our County Government has a direct affect on the lives of its residents. 
QUESTIONS:
Where is there more public input?  How is that played out in the process of its governance and transparency? 

 




Join us for the next "Monday Movies at the Moon" on July 3rd.
CALENDAR DATES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO REMEMBER
Copyright © 2017 Link & Live Local, All rights reserved.
EMAIL: link@chenangolinks.com

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list






This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Link & Live Local · 196 Whites Hill Rd. · Guilford, NY 13780 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp